My son saved my life. It's cliche, I know, but it's the truth. Though I hit rock bottom after my pregnancy, my son saved my life. I've grown more in the past year and a half than all my twenty-four years of living.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Biggest Loser

That's right! I have joined a "Biggest Loser"-esque weight loss program at my church. I am beyond excited about this. I am on a team with (currently) seven other women, plus our group leader. We are competing against other teams for the next 8 weeks.

This is what I need.

Giving up soda was a good start, but it didn't amount to much (that was tangible, at least). On the upside, I can't drink soda anymore. It tastes disgusting to me, now, and it makes my stomach hurt. However, I had lost about 4 lbs, and as far as I can tell I gained 2 lbs back.

Today was Day 1. As of our first weigh in, I am (dear God...) 292 lbs. I have set longterm and shorterm goals for myself. Well, I'm going. Longterm, I want to lose about 120 lbs. Shorterm, I haven't gotten that far. I'm going to take it one day at a time, though. This week (not counting tonight) I will walk 30 minutes each day. Elijah's bedtime is 8pm, so it will have to be then. In the mornings that I don't work, I can get in some workout time while Eli snacks, but that won't be much time.

I am going to be thinner and healthier, and this next 8 weeks is the start of a new life for me.

In divorce news, I haven't heard from Zack in a month. He hasn't even checked on Elijah, not once. How this man thinks he is still a "father" is beyond me.

Mother's Day is around the corner. For all of the other single mamas out there, Happy Mother's Day from me. My son is too young to recognize this holiday, so this one will pass unnoticed, but I know he loves me, and there are future holidays to get burnt toast and cold tea in bed, and handful of weed flowers. I look forward to them all. :)

I was offered a full-time position at work, too... The blessings keep coming. God is good, all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment