My son saved my life. It's cliche, I know, but it's the truth. Though I hit rock bottom after my pregnancy, my son saved my life. I've grown more in the past year and a half than all my twenty-four years of living.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Welcome!

To those brave souls who have ventured to my first attempt at blogging... I haven't quite decided on what direction of my life this blog will take. It won't be political, I can promise that much. Though I have very strong opinions, politically, I do not feel the need to stand on a podium and spout them. Besides, there are way more qualified people to rant.

I could take the "My husband left me, and now I'm a single, working mother" route. Honestly, this is probably what I will talk about the most, but I want to be inspirational, positive, and hopeful. I don't want this to turn into a "woe is me" deal. Nobody wants to read that, unless you get your kicks from the less fortunate.

My life has taken a new spiritual turn. I may venture more into this area of my life, but for now it's kind of on the back-burner.

There's many facets, let me just say that.

So, my husband left me. Physically, I left him, but emotionally and mentally, he had checked out long before. I packed up my son, and our few belongings, and moved back in with my folks. Yes. I am a twenty-something mom who lives with her parents. There seems to be more and more of us these days. My son, my angel, is 14 months old. His father was apart of his life for the first 5 months. The kid really doesn't know his dad. My husband, Zack, told me after I had already moved out "You know, Michelle, I didn't ask to be a husband and a father. I wasn't ready for it." That's fine. He wants to live with his own parents, unemployed, playing video games for a few more decades. Don't get me wrong. I'm not knocking video games. I've been dying to get my hands on an XBox 360!

Well, we've been making it work, my son and I. His father comes and goes as he pleases. I've sued him for divorce/custody. We'll see where that path goes. For now, my life is starting to take shape, and I'm working my ass off to be the best mom for that little angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment